We view protection of your privacy as a very important principle. We understand clearly that you and your Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is one of our most important assets. We store and process your information, including PII and any sensitive financial information collected (as defined under the Information Technology Act, 2000), if any, on computers that may be protected by physical as well as reasonable technological security measures and procedures in accordance with the said Act and Rules thereunder.
Security & Protection of PII
- HyperXchange understands and values the right to privacy of its users. We therefore are committed, and put in our best efforts, to protect the data and privacy of anyone who uses the Website and any information that an user may provide while using the Website, including but not limited to names, addresses, locations, user names, passwords, transaction records, e-mail addresses, IP addresses, phone numbers and credit / debit card numbers. It is hereby clarified that HyperXchange does not store your internet banking / credit / debit card account number or password or any other password, except the password generated by you for accessing your account on the Website.
- HyperXchange takes reasonable steps to secure your personally identifiable information (‘PII’) against any unauthorized access or disclosure and to prevent loss, misuse or modification of your personal information. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error, and we shall not be liable for any loss of data resulting from any unauthorized person/s illegally gaining entry into our Website / data logs / etc.
- Transactions on the Website are secure and protected. Any information entered by you while transacting on the Website is encrypted to protect you against unintentional disclosure to third parties. Your internet banking account numbers, credit and debit card information and / or passwords are not received, stored by or retained by HyperXchange in any manner. This information is supplied by you directly to the relevant payment gateway service provider, which is authorized to handle the information provided, and is compliant with the regulations and requirements of various banks and institutions and payment franchisees that it is associated with.
- However, HyperXchange reminds you that it is also your responsibility to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access of your information and password that you use to access our Services. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and you are responsible for any activity using your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. Please notify HyperXchange immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org of any unauthorized use of your account.
- A ‘Cookie’ is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can later be traced back from that particular browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user, including but not limited to a user’s login identification, password, etc.
- You might also encounter Cookies or other similar devices on certain pages of the Website that are placed by third parties. You hereby expressly agree and acknowledge that HyperXchange does not control the use of such Cookies / other devices by third parties, and that HyperXchange is in no way responsible for the same, and that you yourself assume any and all risks in this regard.
Collection and Permitted Use of PII
- Internal record keeping
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information
- Tracking and confirming online queries / requests / orders
- Delivering products / services as per your requests
- Conducting market research and analysis
- Processing and/or following payments, if any
- Identifying you on our Website and offering to provide customized assistance to you based on your interactions with us.
- We further bring to your knowledge that HyperXchange may automatically track certain information about you based on your IP address and your behaviour on the Website and you hereby expressly consent to the same. It is our duty to make you aware that this information is used to do internal research on user demographics, interests and behaviour, to enable us to better understand and cater to the interests of our users. You are expressly informed that such information may include the URL that you visited prior to accessing our Website, the URL which you subsequently visit (whether or not these URLs form a part of the Website), your computer hardware and software & web browser information, IP address, etc.
- If you choose to purchase products / services from our Website, then that shall be construed as your express consent to allowing us to collect information about your buying behaviour, trends, PII and billing information and to retain the same with us.
- If you choose to post messages / reviews / feedback anywhere on the Website, particularly our testimonial board or other message areas, etc., then any and all such information provided / uploaded will be collected and stored by us indefinitely, and such retained information may be used to resolve disputes, provide customer support, troubleshoot problems, etc., and such information, if requested, may be provided to judicial or governmental authorities of requisite jurisdiction, or otherwise used by us as permitted by applicable laws.
- HyperXchange further brings to your notice that any and all information collected by us pertaining to you, whether or not directly provided by you to us, including but not limited to personal correspondence such as e-mails, letters, feedback from other users or third parties regarding your activities or postings on the Website, etc., may be collected and complied by the us into a file / folder specifically created for / allotted to you, and you hereby expressly consent to the same.
- HyperXchange informs you that while you can browse our Website without being a registered user, transacting on the Website requires you to provide valid PII to us for the purpose of registration. We further inform you that the contact information provided to us may be used to send you offers, promotions and you hereby expressly consent to receiving the same.
Permitted Disclosures of PII
- HyperXchange shall be at liberty to share your PII with other corporate entities and affiliates to the extent necessary to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts, correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of the Website’s services and to facilitate joint or co-branded services, where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity.
- HyperXchange may also share your PII with its other corporate entities and affiliates. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out. We may also disclose PII to third parties, as may be required for us to provide you access to our Website, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Website.
Collection & Use of PII by Third Parties
- HyperXchange may also use third party advertisements on the Website to support our Website. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as Cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our Website, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google Adwords program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit the Website, etc.
- You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our Cookies or third-party Cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in any internet security programs. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our Website as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.